Friday, May 23, 2008

Abbie's 4 months old and other happenings

Sophie & Matt after a quick bike ride (it started raining)
the girls
Abbie in her patriotic attire
Abbie in her swing

I just haven't found much time to blog lately. Abbie is 4 months old and we never know what her schedule is going to be. Sophie's out of school for the summer now so I'll have less time with just one of them home with me. Abbie's feeling a lot better now after her double ear infection. She smiles a lot and is sleeping much better. Sophie is enjoying being outdoors when it's possible to play on her new swingset, help out in the yard with watering the flowers and stuff or drawing on the sidewalk. Sophie has always enjoyed sidewalk chalk and recently I found some sidewalk paint that had been given to Sophie last year but never opened. She has been begging to do the sidewalk paint. Yesterday we went out and tried it and she loved it. Also, Matt took Sophie to the neighborhood swimming pool for the 1st time. Sophie sometimes takes a nap and sometimes doesn't. On the days that she doesn't get a nap, we are having a real "doozie" of a time with her because she falls apart late in the afternoon. Then, we have to put her to bed early. That's not all bad except that then she gets up really early (for us anyway). Sorry none of the pictures really go along with anything. Sophie loves to "love on" Abbie but Abbie is becoming more and more mobile now. She's been rolling front to back for a while now but she can also scoot while on her back or tummy now. She can almost roll from her back to her tummy. So, it won't be long until Abbie is getting into all of Sophie's stuff.

By the way, here are Abbie's stats: Weight: 15 lbs 1 oz (80th percentile), Height: 24 3/4 inches I may try Abbie on some rice cereal soon. Our pediatrician gave me the all clear on that if I want to try it. I didn't introduce cereal with Sophie until she was about 5 1/2 months but I'm all for trying it with Abbie if it would help her sleep a little bit better at night.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really am glad that you try to keep the blog updated because I feel a little closer to your family when I read about the happenings on the Vergne's homefront.
Abbie looks really cute in her red, white and blue outfit.
Love to all, Mimi

Jenny said...

Abbie always has the best smiles when I see her at church! She's getting so big!