Well, I ended up taking both girls to the doctor on Wednesday but separately. (kinda crazy) Sophie had her 3 year check-up so I had already planned to take her. She had a good check-up. She's 37 1/2 inches tall (between the 50-75th percentiles) and 33 1/2 pounds (75th percentile). They did a vision screening and a hearing screen and she passed them both.
Then, I ended up taking Abbie in that afternoon while Matt stayed with Sophie. Abbie developed a cold a couple of weeks ago. It seemed like she was doing a lot better. Then, all of a sudden this week, she was crying almost constantly in the evenings and I couldn't get her happy! I'd get her to sleep and then she would immediately wake up crying, etc. I would have gone out of my mind because Matt was out of town but my parents came to the rescue. There's only so much crying I can deal with. I finally took her in Wednesday and found out that both of her ears were infected. Poor Abbie! At least I found out that there was a definite reason for all of the crying.
Here's a funny quote from Sophie. One evening, my parents were having dinner with us. We were eating hamburgers and fries. My dad was holding Abbie trying to keep her happy while he ate. We were laughing because we said that Abbie looked really interested in eating some "real" food. My dad said something about "Abbie sure does look like she'd like a bite out of this hamburger." Sophie lit into my dad and said very sternly while shaking her finger at him, "No, Paw-paw. Abbie not have any teeth. She can't have any food." It was so cute and funny. I had told her a few times that Abbie couldn't eat real food yet, etc and that we needed to be careful what was around her because she might put it into her mouth.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I hope Abbie feels better soon. Glad Sophie is doing so well. I enjoy all the updates!
I love Sophie quotes. I told Brian about the "bless-youing" one. That was classic! And that cake you made was awesome. I wouldn't have even attempted it!
Post a Comment