One day this week, we went over to play at the McDonald's house. They're a family from our church who we've just gotten to know recently. Sophie and Anna Kate are only a few months apart. They have a baby, Will, who is about 8 months old so he and Abbie are close in age too. Anyways, I went to Lipscomb with both of their parents but we didn't really know each other. The girls had a good time overall. It's funny though how at 3 years old children can be so independent and opinionated about what they want to do. One of them would say, "do you want to play this?" and the other would say, "no." Too funny. They had a great time playing at the water table outside but they both wanted the pink cup. Thankfully, Lauren had 2 cups that the girls could play with. =) Also, the girls got soaked! They had some fun tossing water on each other as they tried to pour water into the funnel. I didn't bring extra clothes for Sophie so Lauren came to the rescue and let me borrow some of Anna Kate's clothes until Sophie's could dry off. Maybe I can learn my lesson on that one and keep some extra clothes in the car. We had a lot of fun!
Friday, May 23, 2008
New Playmate
Sophie & Anna Kate
One day this week, we went over to play at the McDonald's house. They're a family from our church who we've just gotten to know recently. Sophie and Anna Kate are only a few months apart. They have a baby, Will, who is about 8 months old so he and Abbie are close in age too. Anyways, I went to Lipscomb with both of their parents but we didn't really know each other. The girls had a good time overall. It's funny though how at 3 years old children can be so independent and opinionated about what they want to do. One of them would say, "do you want to play this?" and the other would say, "no." Too funny. They had a great time playing at the water table outside but they both wanted the pink cup. Thankfully, Lauren had 2 cups that the girls could play with. =) Also, the girls got soaked! They had some fun tossing water on each other as they tried to pour water into the funnel. I didn't bring extra clothes for Sophie so Lauren came to the rescue and let me borrow some of Anna Kate's clothes until Sophie's could dry off. Maybe I can learn my lesson on that one and keep some extra clothes in the car. We had a lot of fun!
One day this week, we went over to play at the McDonald's house. They're a family from our church who we've just gotten to know recently. Sophie and Anna Kate are only a few months apart. They have a baby, Will, who is about 8 months old so he and Abbie are close in age too. Anyways, I went to Lipscomb with both of their parents but we didn't really know each other. The girls had a good time overall. It's funny though how at 3 years old children can be so independent and opinionated about what they want to do. One of them would say, "do you want to play this?" and the other would say, "no." Too funny. They had a great time playing at the water table outside but they both wanted the pink cup. Thankfully, Lauren had 2 cups that the girls could play with. =) Also, the girls got soaked! They had some fun tossing water on each other as they tried to pour water into the funnel. I didn't bring extra clothes for Sophie so Lauren came to the rescue and let me borrow some of Anna Kate's clothes until Sophie's could dry off. Maybe I can learn my lesson on that one and keep some extra clothes in the car. We had a lot of fun!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Tere is nothing better then good friends no matter the age. the girls look like they were having a great time. Mimi
Oops! Should have been an H in there.
Catching up on your blog - I don't have much time to blog anymore, much less check others' blogs. Even now, I need to go do about a hundred other things - including take a shower! But enough whining - glad you and Lauren and your girls had fun. (Lauren and I lived around the corner from each other in Elam when we were freshman.) And she's keeping my boys for me this fall. Yay! Love the pics of your two girls together too. I hope to do that with my boys in a few months.
Post a Comment