Yum, doesn't that look good?
Sophie & her cousin, Grace, do some stickers
Abbie smiles at Aunt Martha
This year, Sophie wanted me to make her birthday cake. I said, "Are you sure?" I'm thinking, she does not know what she's asking or who she's asking. Well, anyway, it turned out OK. I baked a cake and made it into the shape of a butterfly. Matt and my mom helped me decorate it because that is really not my forte. The last two years, Publix has done a wonderful job providing us with Sophie's birthday cakes. I had seen this cake on the Easter M& M's package and it looked doable. I also baked some cupcakes. All in all, there were about 15 of us at Sophie's birthday party. We didn't do a good job getting everyone's picture but I think my sister did so we'll have to get copies of her pictures. =)
Sophie enjoyed playing with her cousin Grace and seeing several other family members. Abbie behaved very well during the party too! I can't believe that Sophie is 3. She got a little indoor basketball goal, a nice easel she can draw on, clothes, books and a few other things. Overall, she had a nice birthday! Her birthday's not totally over yet but I think it's going to be hard for her to come down from the birthday high of thinking every day she gets cupcakes or cookies. =)




4 comments:
I was so impressed with the cake!! It looked so good and it even tasted really good too!!! You did awesome!!! You've got several months to practice what design you want to make for my birthday!
Love, Martha
We were glad that you were able to celebrate Sophie's big day with family. The cake looks like it was pretty.
Mimi and Papa Tom
You did a great job with the cake! It looked so cute! Andrea
The cake looks great! Way to go, Paula! I don't know that I would have even tried. It's not my forte either. If it were me, I would have let Publix do it, and then let Joshua THINK it was my own creation... ;) Glad Sophie's birthday was a good one!
Post a Comment