Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Saying Good-bye


Sophie, Aunt Leia, Abbie & Paw-paw Tom

We ate lunch with Matt's family on Saturday after Christmas before starting our long trip home. We had decided to split the trip up on the way home. Matt drove his company van which meant he had to go all of the driving. We all had a great time in Richmond. We stopped in Knoxville on Saturday night and spent the night at a hotel. We made it home on Sunday morning and took naps that afternoon which was much needed! As soon as we got home on Sunday (we stopped at Paula's parents for lunch first), Sophie said, "I'm going to go and start a new list for Santa. I didn't get everything that I wanted." Matt & I just looked at each other like, "you've got to be kidding me?!" I said, "well, your birthday is coming up in a few months so you can just tell Daddy and me what you want. I also told that Santa wouldn't be coming back until next year." It just seems so ungrateful but I guess that's how most kids are. I hope we can teach her though to try to be grateful for all of the nice things that she has. I think there was only one thing that she really wanted that she didn't receive-a play cash register. Well, and of course with Sophie, she never has enough baby dolls (in her view) because she loves to mother everyone (especially Abbie).

Happy New Year everyone! If you read a lot of my recent posts, you are probably either asleep or worn out by now. =)
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, you guys have been busy!! Glad you're back home safe and sound. Great Christmas pictures - your girls are so cute! Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

Love all the pictures of the girls & all of the Santa fun. Glad you made it back safely...we can truly empathize with the long road trips!!

Julie said...

Glad you had a great Christmas! I know you are glad to be back home. I love all the pictures!

Jenny said...

Glad to have you guys back in town! How funny that Sophie's already looking ahead. She's one smart cookie!