Abbie's thrilled that Santa came!
Matt in his Santa apron and hat that he got for Christmas =)
Sophie with her new Play-doh ice cream shoppe set
I forgot to mention earlier that our Elf on the shelf made the trip to Virginia too. Sophie had been very adamant before that Crispin, our elf, was not going to VA with us. I think she was afraid that somehow the elf would get mixed up or something and not be able to find his way back to our new location in VA at Matt's parents house. However, she was thrilled when Matt had put the elf inside our van for the trip (on the dashboard). After about the 1st turn that Matt made, Crispin went flying. I told Sophie that since I was an adult I could pick up Crispin and let him have a rest during our trip in the glove compartment. During the trip, every so often she would ask one of us to open up the glove compartment so that she could check on him.
The night before Christmas, we had fun spreading out reindeer food in the yard and putting out Santa's cookies and milk. During our stay with Matt's family, Sophie stayed in the room with Matt's parents. She woke up at 4 A.M. and she was ready to get up. She told his parents, "I think someone has been here. We need to go and see if Santa came." They told her to go back to bed because it was too early and she slept in till almost 8 (which was unexpected but nice). One of Sophie's favorite things that she got from Mimi and Paw-paw Tom was her play-doh ice cream shoppe set. She also loved her big measuring tape and her new baby doll among other things. Abbie had a nice Christmas too although all of the celebrating just made her sleepy. Matt's sister, Leia, gave him the Santa apron shown above. Matt helped his dad deep-fry a cajun turkey which was really good!
Wednesday, December 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment