Sunday, November 30, 2008

Indian Girl

Here's "Princess Sunshine" AKA Sophie

This past Tuesday, Sophie and her classmates got to dress up and play Indians. Sophie was so excited about it. The night before she said, "please help us to be great at playing Indians" or something like that. =) Her teacher gave them each Indian names and she was Princess Sunshine. They made these shirts and hats at school. They also made little drums and had a tepee that they got to play in. Sophie was not acting very sunshiny by the time she came from school so it was hard for me to get her picture. As you can see, they also got their faces painted (it was really washable markers). I wasn't sure how Sophie would like this because in the past whenever we've asked her if she wants to get her face painted, she says no.

Overall, we had a nice Thanksgiving. On Wednesday before Thanksgiving, it was so warm that my sister and I took Sophie to the zoo while my mom kept Abbie so that she could get a nap. For Thanksgiving Day, we went to my aunt and uncle's house in Chapel Hill, TN and got to see most of my dad's side of the family. Sophie enjoyed getting to see some of her other cousins. It was warm enough for some of us to play kickball in their backyard that afternoon. I was reminded once again why I didn't stick with sports for longer (I'm not talented in that area) and why I only play every now and then for fun.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sophie is so cute. I must say I am disappointed in the kickball, next time just call "Tall Friend". You know I will play.