
Sophie is always talking about all of her "children". She'll say I have 3 kids. Then she says, I have 3 babies and some boys and girls. She is so cute because she has such a great imagination and she is really good about entertaining herself a lot of the time. One night before bed she was talking about her children and how she has to get them all dressed. I'd say it's a lot easier with "children" who don't whine, talk, spit up, cry, wake up in the middle of the night, etc. =) In the bottom picture, Sophie was potty training all of her babies. I am all for her potty training Abbie when the time comes. One of my friends has all girls and her older one trained the younger one. Wouldn't that be wonderful if it worked for me too? Abbie has still had a cold and cough this week, plus she is teething, so it's been a difficult week! I'm hoping that Abbie will keep getting better. We have really missed Matt! He's been in Maryland for training all week.
Sophie says funny stuff all of the time but it's hard for me to remember sometimes. One day, I was trying to help her practice her counting. She always thinks that "19" comes after "13." We took turns counting and I was trying to help Sophie figure out that 14 comes after 13 so I said what comes after 3?. I said, "how old will you on your next birthday?" She had a little trouble coming up with "4" (pretty sad). Anyway, when I told her that she would be "4". She said that she would be "4" and then that next year she'd be "18". I thought, "heaven help us if that were true!" I don't want to skip from "4" to the teenage years. Another funny thing that Sophie said was about Santa and the gang. We went to Publix's annual holiday fest or whatever it's called on Tuesday. Sophie got to see Santa Claus and although she was shy, she didn't cry this year. Later, she asked, "where was Mrs. Claus?" I said, "she's probably baking cookies or something." Sophie asked about the elves too and she said "I bet the elves are sick and Mrs. Claus is baking them cookies." =)
Abbie will be 10 months old tomorrow! It's hard to believe! It's hard for me to get good pictures of her now because she is always "on the go" and checking out her environment. I keep expecting her to really take off and start walking but not yet. One funny thing about Abbie is that she got into the pantry the other day and came out with the Cheerios box. I thought it was too funny because she loves Cheerios!!


3 comments:
I love listening to kids play using their imagination. It can always get interesting. Hey, I like your shower curtain; we have the same one!!!
Sophie does love those dolls! I'm glad she recognizes the importance of potty training! I'm sure she'll be a big help when it's Abbie's turn!
Do you have the book Elf on the Shelf? If you don't, you should get one. Sophie would love it!
Post a Comment