another cute picture of Sophie & Emma at the Grinch ice display
Caleb, Sophie & Emma at the science museum
Abbie, Anna, Emma, & Sophie
Grace, Paula, Abbie & Anna
I forgot to mention in the last post that my mom was kind enough to babysit Abbie so that I could go and do something just with Sophie on Friday. It was really nice because I don't think she would have liked the freezing cold environment anyway. On Saturday morning, I stayed home with Abbie while Matt, Sophie, Nana (my mom), Caleb, Emma, Aunt Mary, and my sister, Martha, went to the Adventure Science Center. It was Sophie's first time to go and they all had a great time! I don't know too much about it since I didn't go but they got to see some trains, climb on some playground equipment, and more. Matt was adventurous enough to try being lifted by something that makes you seem weightless like an astronaut (or something like that). I was glad that Abbie got her nap that morning because she slept for 2 1/2 hours! That is not normal for her at all so she must have tuckered out. =)
On Saturday afternoon, one of my other cousins, Beth, came in from Ohio (my other cousin lives in Arkansas) with her youngest child, Anna, and they got to join in the fun. On Saturday night, we celebrated an early Thanksgiving with all of my mom's family at my aunt & uncle's house since we had some family members in town who normally aren't around for Thanksgiving. Plus, it saved us from having to do two Thanksgivings in one day which I was grateful for! All of the kids got along well for the most part. Grace lives in the area and she's about to have a new sister soon. My mom and dad have stayed with us for the last few nights while there were first five extra people and then seven extras staying at their house. It worked out fine for us! Sophie really loved getting to spend time with her cousins! She doesn't have any first cousins so second cousins or first cousins once removed (whichever it is) are the closest it gets for her.
(I hope this post wasn't too confusing!)
Monday, November 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
Cousins are such fun. Glad Sophie enjoyed hers, however they are related. :)
It is always nice when families can get together. Glad you guys had fun.
Teresa
Looks like you all have been busy lately. We saw the Grinch on Ice last year and we all enjoyed it!
Post a Comment