Sunday, June 28, 2009

Swimming lessons



For the past 2 weeks, Sophie has been taking swimming lessons. This is her 2nd year to take lessons in the beginner's class. She's made progress but she still has some work to do. This was also the 2nd year that these sisters (shown above) were in her class. Sabrina, to the left, and Emma, on the right. Our families got to know each other last year and exchanged contact information but never really followed up. This year, the girls ended up being in the same class again. I think that was great for Sophie because it gave her a certain level of comfort!

This past Sunday, after a totally busy weekend (if you read about our involvement in my cousin's wedding then you probably understand). The busyness continued on Sunday because we went out for a Father's Day lunch with my parents and then Sophie attended a birthday party at Monkey's Treehouse. Well, that afternoon, Sophie started getting a touch of a fever that lasted a couple of days. Then, she also developed a rash. I think it might have been roseola (sp?) which very young children (especially babies) often get. By Friday, Sophie was definitely feeling better and we went to Pump it Up to play there. That night, we had a lot of fun because we rented Mary Poppins and sorted of "camped in" by making s'mores (a new thing for the girls). Sophie tried out her sleeping bag for the 1st time which she had received for Christmas and had a campout in our room. I only rested in a sleeping bag until Sophie was asleep and then when I came back, I got in the bed! =)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a fun time with the family movie night. Those are the things that made great memories.
Mimi