Sunday, March 22, 2009

Fun-Filled Spring Break!

Sophie & Abbie with their Cooper cousins from Ohio
Sophie & Camden
Sophie & Abbie with a goat
Here's more proof that Sophie was petting the goats!

This past week, Sophie was out for Spring Break. She only goes to preschool two days a week anyway but we had a lot of fun. I felt like mom, the social director or activity director (whatever) because I tried to make the week really fun for Sophie. I called a couple of our friends to see if we could get our kids together and it worked great. Sophie and Abbie had been sick the week before so I think I was trying to make up for that too. Anyway, over the weekend, my cousin and her three kids came in as a last minute surprise. My aunt was able to come through town too. We got to have dinner with them one night and my cousin, Beth, and her kids were able to come over on Monday afternoon to play. Even though we had a wide range of ages, overall the kids got along well. Sophie loves being with any of her cousins. =)

On Tuesday, we were able to meet up with several friends from church at the park. It was a beautiful day and we took a picnic lunch. Sophie loves Camden and she was excited that since she was out of school, they could get together (usually our schedules don't match up). The Roark's, White's, and Davis families were also able to join us so the kids had a lot of fun! Since Nana was off on Wednesday, we were able to twist her arm and get her to meet us at the zoo (just kidding about twisting her arm!) We were there alongwith about half of Nashville (O.K. I'm exaggerating a little but it was kind of crowded when we got there and we ran into several that we knew). Anyway, we had a great time and mom and I really enjoyed watching the girls in the petting zoo. Usually, Sophie really has to be coaxed to pet any of the animals but she did great that day. Abbie was so funny because she walked around collecting the brushes that you use to pet the animals. For most of our time at the zoo, she really enjoyed people watching more than looking at the animals but that's OK. Wednesday afternoon, my mom kept the girls and I got some shopping done which was great!! Both of the girls took great naps too which was nice! They were in good shape for church that night.

No comments: