Here's Abbie trying to mow the grass by the sidewalk for the 1st time with the bubble mower.
I haven't posted in a while but this has been a rough week for us. Sophie ran a fever all weekend and didn't have a great appetite. Abbie had also been fussy and had a runny nose for about a week so I took them both to the doctor on Monday. We found out that Sophie had strep throat!! She was not excited about having to get a shot but her Mama thought it would sure beat having to give her antibiotics 3x/day for 10 days! She calmed down after we told her that she could have a chocolate shake after she got the shot. =) She's feeling better now. When we went to the doctor, Abbie's ears were red but not infected. One of them also had fluid in it. The doctor said that an ear infection could develop in a couple of days and to call back if she became increasingly fussy and kept waking up a lot at night (just what every parents loves to hear). The last 2 nights have been terrible so I called the doctor to see if she'll call in a prescription so we'll see...
Although we were dealing with some sickness, it didn't stop us from getting outside a little bit and enjoying the beautiful weather while it lasted. Sophie and Abbie took turns mowing for us. Sophie was really looking forward to having Abbie ride in the wagon with her and it was so cute! Abbie did great staying seated across from Sophie as I gave them a ride (our wagon doesn't have any seatbelts and Sophie used to always stand up in it). I didn't get a picture but maybe next time. I love springtime!! It just makes me feel better.
Abbie has continued to be very mischievious. One night Matt discovered her standing in a plastic chair in our play room looking out the window. Another day, she was pulling cereal boxes out of the pantry (while I kept an eye on her) and I discovered her trying to stand on the box that our garbage bags are in to get a better reach of the shelves. She is definitely a climber!
5 comments:
Hope the girls are feeling better soon! The warm weather was nice while it lasted. Hopefully it will return in a few days.
that floppy hat is hilarious. i can't wait to play with them outside when it gets warm again :)
~Aunt Martha
Lawton was sick all weekend - 103 fevers, throwing up, feeling terrible. On Monday I took him in and he had strep too! This is the first time he has had it. However, I let him decide if he wanted a shot or medicine and he chose medicine. :( Which reminds me, we didn't give him any tonight. Arggghh. Hope the girls are better!
Love the floppy hat. Girls have the cutest clothes AND accessories!
Love the pictures. Abbie was cute in her hat.
Teresa
Post a Comment