Tuesday, July 01, 2008

The latest with Sophie

Sophie happily tries out her new Dora umbrella
Last week after we got back from Richmond, Matt & I both developed pretty bad colds. I don't know if we caught them on the airplane or what. Sophie really enjoyed getting to try out her new umbrella one day when there were a few sprinkles. She got it as a late birthday present from Aunt Leia and she is just thrilled with it. Sophie also got to go to VBS in Lewisburg last week. I took her one night and we visited my best friend, Andrea, and she was Sophie's teacher. She had a great time!

Sophie has really been into during art all summer. She loved it during the school year when she was going to Mother's Day Out too. She has been wanting help to cut things out and glue them. She also likes to keep close tabs on Abbie at times. We have a corral that we used for Sophie as a baby and we got it out for Abbie but Sophie likes to go in there sometimes too (which makes being in the corral not so safe for Abbie). I'm going to have to be stricter with Sophie about not being allowed to go in the corral when Abbie is in there. I'll have to get a picture of Sophie with all of her stuff in the corral. =) I've told her that she can play in there when Abbie's napping, etc.

Here's a funny quote from Sophie. The other day I had reminded Sophie that she needed to have help in order to use her glue and the scissors. She didn't need to try to do them alone. Sophie picks up one of her glue sticks and looks as if she's reading it. She said, "This glue says, 'You don't need help with this glue. You can do it by yourself. "
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it. She is one smart chick. Always says the funniest things. Missing all of you.
Mimi

Julie said...

Hey Paula! Somehow I found your blog. I love it! I will check back often!

Kathy said...

Glad Sophie is having so much fun lately. Her glue quote is hilarious! Brodie has just gotten into wanting to cut things; we haven't attempted glue yet.