Sometimes, your child just says the funniest things. We need to do a better job of writing down some of the things that Sophie says and funny stories that happen because I know that I'll forget. Anyway, here are a couple of cute stories that I wanted to share.
One day, after Sophie had missed school due to the stomach bug, she wakes up from her afternoon nap and tells her Daddy, "I'm ready to go to school." He told her that school was over. Sophie said "All my kids are home with their mommies and their daddies. Miss Katy is home with her boys." (I think it's cute how Sophie referred to the kids as her kids.)
Then, another day we were trying to get Sophie to take a nap. (I mentioned earlier that this is something we've struggled with more recently.) Anyways, Matt went in to check on her after a while and she was playing with her cell phone. He wanted to try to get it away from her b/c it's kind of hard to take a nap if you've got a cell phone to play with. Sophie said that she was talking to Mimi. Sophie asked Matt if he wanted to talk to Mimi and after listening for a moment he said, "Oh, Mimi, you think that Sophie needs to take a nap." Then, Sophie gets the phone back and talks to Mimi again, pretends to listen, and says, "Oh, Mimi said that Sophie not need to take a nap." Then, Sophie said, "I talking to Paw-paw Tom." Matt asks to talk to him and then he says, "Oh, Paw-paw Tom, you think that Sophie needs to take a nap. Oh, OK." Then, Sophie says, "I talk to Paw-paw Tom." Then, she pretends to listen for a moment and says, "Oh, Paw-paw Tom says that Sophie not need to take a nap." We got such a kick out of this because Sophie knew how to act her little part very well. We thought she was pretty clever!
Saturday, January 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
How funny that she is so clever to get out of a nap! Well, we all knew she is a bright girl. :) Just think of all the things she's gonna teach her new baby sister! :)
Post a Comment