Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Indoor Fun!


Here's Sophie with her new tunnel system that we set up on New Year's Day. It's huge! Sophie's on the move in one of the tunnels

This week, it has been very COLD here. We even got to see some beautiful snow flurries yesterday when Sophie got up from her nap! On New Year's Day, after we got our Christmas stuff put away, Matt put together Sophie's new tunnel system and she had a lot of fun! It was a great day for it because it was so cold outside and a couple of places that we thought about going were closed anyway. Sophie enjoyed taking her dolls in the tunnel with her. However, if you are 9 months pregnant I do not advise trying to climb into one of the bigger tents or houses with your child. Sophie wanted me to get in the tunnels with her and I told her that I wouldn't fit but I said that I could get into one of the "house" tents with her and read her a couple of books. Well, it was HILARIOUS!! The doors to the tent did not open as wide and were not as tall as I had thought. So, I had to go in with my legs first and then turn sideways. Sophie was just looking at me in surprise. Once I got into the tent, I totally cracked up and Sophie did too. We just sat there and laughed for a few minutes. Hope you have a happy 2008!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Coop's jealous of the tunnel system! We call it the county fair b/c it is so huge! We'll come play anytime and save you from crawling around in it!

Dallas said...

funny...just think in 2 months you'll be flying through that tunnel! good luck with the delivery!

Amy said...

Matt suggested we bring Luke's tunnel system over and we combine them for one ginormous play area. They might get lost in there!

Kathy said...

That looks like so much fun. I can't believe that you have a room big enough to put it. We don't have room in our "tiny" house. It wasn't so tiny....before toys!

SUZANNE said...

Looks like Sophie has been having a blast from all of her Christmas toys. What is the latest from the doctor? Have you dilated at all? Have you picked out a name? I went to the doctor yesterday and Ella is still measuring on target. Keep me posted on you!

Jenny said...

Love the new tunnel toy! Sophie looks like she's having a blast! I'm glad you guys could come to dinner tonight before baby #2 gets here. :)