Well, as you can see from our countdown, we are getting very close to having our 2nd little girl and her Mama is ready! I was glad that she wasn't born earlier this week, because I caught the wonderful (insert sarcasm here) stomach bug from Sophie. It's not a great way to end your pregnancy especially when you've had a pretty good pregnancy the rest of the time. During that time, I lost 7 pounds but I think I've probably already gained it back. It's not a pleasant way to lose weight. Thankfully, as soon as I knew that I was becoming ill, I was able to call my mom and see if she could take Sophie for a while. Sophie stayed over there for 2 nights until I could get over the bug.
I went to the doctor on Thursday and she said that I had made very good progress. She also said that she wouldn't be surprised if I go into labor this weekend. Well, we've got our suitcases packed and we're ready so come on baby! Of course, I know that it is going to be very tiring for several weeks after she's born but I haven't been sleeping that great anyway. Matt said the other day, "I bet Sophie really wonders if her baby sister is ever going to come because we've been talking about her for so long!" Nine months is a long time but especially to a 2 year old! The whole pregnancy has gone pretty quickly until these last couple of weeks.
Please keep us in your prayers that we have a healthy baby soon! (I know that God ultimately knows the best timing and I really am so glad that she didn't come when Sophie or I were sick but it would be great if she would arrive soon.)
Saturday, January 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Everyone is excited to see the newest member of the Vergne family. I can't wait! Andrea
We'll be praying for a smooth delivery and that your new baby girl takes it easy on you when she gets here.
Post a Comment