Monday, January 14, 2008

Family Outings

Here's Sophie playing with her Little People dollhouse.
She still treats her big plastic giraffe as one of her "babies".
She enjoys asking us what we got for Christmas using
her Wiggles microphone on the other side of her!
Sophie is playing with some of her Potato Heads at
the new table and chairs she received for Christmas
from Mimi and Paw-paw Tom.

Well, I haven't had the chance to post in a while for various reasons. I tried to post a few days ago and it didn't work so anyway, here goes. A little over a week ago, we got to go on a couple of fun outings. A week ago on Saturday, we went to the Discovery House in Murfreesboro which is like a children's museum. Sophie & Paula had been but it was Matt's first time to go. Sophie's favorite things were the play grocery area and the area with the playhouse and baby dolls. We all had a good time (we didn't really get any great pictures though). Afterwards, we went to lunch and we just knew that Sophie would go to sleep on the way home because she was getting cranky during lunch. Also, it takes about 30 minutes or so to drive back from Murfreesboro. However, Sophie proved us wrong. Every time that she would appear to almost be asleep, she would ask us a question. What a smart girl. Anyways, I think she may be growing out of her nap and it makes me kind of sad. There were about 3 days that week where all of a sudden, she just wouldn't take a nap! I was hoping she would keep taking a nap at least for a couple of months.

Then, this past Monday, Paula & Sophie visited the Nashville Zoo with Nana after Sophie got out of school. It was a great day to go because it was about 70 degrees in January! Sophie enjoyed seeing some of the animals and playing on the playground.

3 comments:

Kathy said...

Sounds like lots of fun. Are all of these outings in honor of "end of just Sophie fun?" I can't believe how close you are to giving birth! I am so excited for you all!
I am glad you have gotten to enjoy some time with Sophie. It looks like fun!

vergne said...

Kathy,
Yes, we like to go on fun family outings anyway but at the same time I was thinking when we did it that it will be hard to be very spontaneous after the baby comes (at least at first). So, I had that in mind when we went that we should take advantage of opportunities to go and do before the baby comes. =) Paula

Davies Family said...

Ugh...disappearing naps..I think that is starting to happen for us too. There are many days that Sidney just sings in her bed instead of going to sleep. However, if I don't make her at least rest in bed for a while, she's a bear in the evening! :) I think I'll at least keep "rest" time going for as long as I can. :) I need it as much as she does. Looking forward to hearing about your soon to be new arrival! Stacy :)