Thursday, May 10, 2012

Sophie's birthday cont and Birthday Party Preparations


Here's Sophie on the morning of her birthday.  She's so excited!

We let Sophie open one of her presents on the night before her birthday.  She opened this Lego Friends set from Mimi and Paw-paw Tom and loved it!  She started putting it together right then.  Her Lego set even had a Sophie in it.
As I mentioned earlier, Uncle Phil came over and Sophie's birthday and we went to Chuck E. Cheese with he and Nana and Paw-paw.
Uncle Phil with Abbie (none of our pictures was good of both girls so I cropped)
I was busy making things in the days and weeks leading up to Sophie's American Girl parties.  Maybe there's a little bit of Martha-Martha Stewart that is, somewhere inside me.  I punched this scrapbook paper out and glued it onto clothespins to use on our treat bags for the party.
These are some of the cupcakes that I made for Sophie's party.  I added some sprinkles later.  Thanks to my friend, Kathryn, for letting me borrow her special decorating tip and cake decorating book so that I could try to make them fancy!
Since Sophie had an American Girl party, I made these little party hats for each of the girls' dolls using a pattern that I found online.  Not too hard but some of these projects can be time consuming.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: