Thursday, May 10, 2012

An American Girl Celebration-Sophie's 7th birthday party


This is the scooter that we gave Sophie for her birthday.

Sophie and Molly are ready for the party.

Some of the girls playing musical chairs.
  

Kendall, Allie, Sophie, Ella, Lauren, Meredith, Carley and Emerson.

Maddie, Emma, Jordan, Mary, Taylor, Abbie, and Ashton.
Sophie with her "7" cake made from cupcakes.
Treat bags!
Keri, my cousin, and Martha (my sis) who are both expecting babies this year and were a big help at the party.
This year we did an American girl party for Sophie's birthday.  We had it at our church and 12 of Sophie's friends were able to come alongwith Abbie and one friend's younger sibling.  I will have to post some more pictures soon because we had some really cute pictures of each girl and her doll with Sophie on another memory card.  Each of the girls painted a picture frame and then Matt went to Walgreen's one hour photo so that each girl would have a picture from the party to place in her picture frame.  I also had about 4 different games planned including pin the hat on Molly, musical chairs, toss the handkerchief (like duck, duck goose) and the egg on the spoon relay.  We had a special table for the dolls to sit and little lip glosses in the shape of cupcakes so it looked like the dolls had something to eat too. 

Thankfully, my mom, Martha, my cousin, Keri, and Kathryn helped a lot with serving the food at the tea party.  I had made place cards for each of the girls with an American girl doll sticker on it.  Each of the girls was served a turkey and cheese sandwich (shaped like a flower), a cupcake, mints that mom and I had made, and an ice cream cup.  We also served some punch.  What I had not counted on was that we were pretty much done with everything by 3:00 and we had an hour left.  Sophie opened her gifts (to kill some time).  All of that sugar kicked in and the girls got kind of hyper.  We decided to take them back into the gym and let them do a few more relays to burn off some energy.  Then, we came back and let the girls put stickers on their picture frames and finish that, get their treat bags, etc.  All in all, the party went really well and I think the girls had a good time.   I'll try to post more pictures from the party soon! 
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Martha said...

such a fun party!! i was impressed with all that you had made! great job!