Sunday, January 01, 2012

Sugar and Spice and Everything Nice

                                                      Sophie's work in progress

Sophie and Abbie with their gingerbread house.




Abbie's having fun and sampling some candy as she decorates our gingerbread house!

A few days before Christmas, Matt bought a different gingerbread house kit from Walgreen's and it turned out to be much simpler to put together than the one that I had bought from Michael's.  The one from Walgreen's came with a little tray to put it in and so it fit together much easier.  Our family had a good time working together to do the gingerbread house.   Sophie especially loves craft projects like this so she was very happy!  The second time was a charm for us because the first time we tried to make the gingerbread house one of the walls for the house broke.  Then, it seemed like there was no way to get the house to stand up and fit together.  I gave this particular title to the post because I thought of all the candy and sweet stuff that we used to decorate our gingerbread house.  Since we have 2 girls, it made me think of the little poem, "Sugar and spice and everything nice.  That's what little girls are made of.  Frogs and snails and puppy dog tails that's what little boys are made of."  (I think that's how it goes or it's pretty close anyway).



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nothing like the feeling when a project comes together.
Teresa