Saturday, February 26, 2011

Sophie's Missing Tooth

Sophie and Abbie
Sophie with her special certificate from school and her tooth fairy doll!

We had a lot of excitement around our house yesterday! Sophie and two other little girls in her class all lost teeth but it was Sophie's 1st tooth. Her teacher sent her home with a special certificate with the tooth taped to it. Sophie was so excited that the tooth fairy would be visiting her last night alongwith the other girls in her class. It was funny to me as well because a dentist visited their school yesterday. He didn't pull any teeth or anything though. Sophie has claimed to have a loose tooth for about 4 months now and it has been very loose for the last few weeks. After she had been home for a little bit though, Sophie asked if she could take her tooth out to look at it and then put it back. Matt and I both told her that it wasn't a good idea. I told her to wait until she was going to put it in her tooth fairy pouch. However, much to our dismay, Sophie had removed the tooth without us knowing. I think she had put it back on top of her certificate but I never even knew that she took it out. I moved a bunch of stuff off the kitchen table so that we could eat dinner. After dinner, we said something about Sophie's tooth and then we realized that we couldn't find it. Sophie got pretty upset. However, I felt like most of it was her fault for not listening to her parents. At least she calmed down about it because she said that the tooth fairy would still know to come and leave her money. Last night when she went to bed she was so excited about the tooth fairy coming and this morning she was up early for a Saturday morning. She came and reported to us that the tooth fairy had been there and left her money! I think the tooth fairy could become poor quickly because Sophie's got another loose tooth! =)
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Sophie is a brave little girl. She workied hard on getting her tooth out. Yeah, tooth fairy was really generous. I bet her daddy was jealous.
Mimi