Thursday, February 03, 2011

100th Day of School

little Miss Sophie
Sophie, Olivia & Sydney

Today was the 100th day of school. To make the day special, each of the kindergarteners was supposed to dress like someone who is 100 years old. It was a lot of fun! Sophie wasn't totally gung-ho about it this morning but I kept telling her that it would be fun. =) We put powder in her hair and fixed it in a bun. (Should I mention that Abbie got a hold of the powder when I wasn't looking and put some in her hair so she had to have a little shower with mommy?) Then, Sophie wore her little skirt and we used some props that had been my great Aunt Mary Tom's (her knitting needles, cane, her bracelet and purse). Sophie did not want any wrinkles drawn on her face. I usually help out in Sophie's class every week or two so I was able to go and see all of the kids dressed up. When I arrived, the door to the kindergarten hallway was closed which I found odd. I entered the hallway and found all of the kindergarteners out in the hallway. They were carrying little notebooks and they were supposed to find 100 people to sign their books. Once Sophie's teacher pointed out that they could get my autograph, I had a bunch of kids gather around me. Mrs. Rogers, Sophie's teacher, said something like this will make you feel like you're a princess at Disney World signing all of those autograph books. I just laughed and said, "Yes, you're right!" I signed a whole bunch of those little books. After a while, you feel like a celebrity! It was fun seeing the kids dressed up. They did a few other little fun activities for the 100th day but I thought having them dress up like 100 year olds was very creative and fun.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What fun! I can tell that everyone had a great time.
Mimi

Ashley V. said...

How cute!!