Friday, February 18, 2011

Spontaneity

Butterfly Meadows
Sophie & Abbie

I know it's been a while since I've posted. Sorry about that. We had snow days last week, I've had a bad cold this week, and we've just been busy! Last weekend, my dad surprised us by calling Friday afternoon to invite us to stay at Butterfly Meadows, a nearby bed and breakfast that is run by friends of theirs. For those of you that know me, I love to travel, etc but I'm not a very spontaneous person. I'm more of a planner. I might could go to dinner or something like that spontaneously but when he called and invited our little family to join he and my mom at the bed and breakfast for that night, I wasn't really thrilled at the idea of packing bags to only go about 20 minutes away. However, we had a really nice time. It is a beautiful place and they just opened it this past summer so it was fun to see how the Bobo's (the owners) had decorated everything. My dad reserved a 2 bedroom suite for us with a living room which was very nice but guess where our girls wanted to stay? That's right. In the room with their parents. Oh, well! We had a wonderful dinner and breakfast. They had some nice common areas with relaxing fireplaces, a really nice library, a walking trail or two that you could take if you wanted to (although it was still a little icy from the snow), and a big open porch on the back with rocking chairs.

The night before our bed and breakfast experience, Matt and I had been on a date night where we went to dinner and a movie so we were able to do some special things right around Valentine's Day.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a good time. Ok, can't believe how big Abbie looks in that photo!