Thursday, March 03, 2011

Sophie's Career Path

I have a funny story to share from a couple of days ago.  Sophie lost another tooth on Monday (her second in 4 days).  The first time, the tooth fairy generously left her $5.  Well, on Monday morning she lost another tooth at school.  Monday night the tooth fairy forgot to make an appearance so she had to swing by for a last minute visit on Tuesday morning while Sophie was downstairs.   By the way, Sophie came in our room about 6:15 A.M. on Tuesday morning (earlier than usual) to tell us that her tooth was still there and that the tooth fairy and had not come. 

So, anyway, after the tooth fairy had come Sophie announced, "Mommy, when I grow up I've decided that I want to be the tooth fairy."  I said, "oh, so you don't want to be a baby doctor anymore?"  She's like no, I want to be the tooth fairy.  I told Matt later that she might need to be a doctor by day so that she could afford to be the tooth fairy by night because she has to give out a lot of money!  =)  Yesterday she came home and said, "I think that there's more than one tooth fairy."  (Friday there were 3 kids in her class who lost teeth and there were 2 on Friday.)  I told Sophie that she was probably right.

I'll try to post a picture of Sophie soon.  She was so excited to bring home a huge Hershey's candy bar today because she had learned all of her sight word lists (probably about 20 total).  We've been working on them for months!

No comments: