Sunday, January 17, 2010

Let's Get Ready to Party!

Mimi gives Abbie a "makeover" the night before her b-day party-really she's just pretending to put make-up on but Abbie doesn't know that!
Sophie enjoys playing with play foam for the 1st time!
Abbie tries it out too-fun stuff (as long as you don't try to eat it like Abbie was going to do at 1st)

Abbie had a Minnie Mouse theme for her birthday-I just loved the cake that Emily made!
Yesterday, we celebrated Abbie's 2nd birthday-whew time flies by! Her actual birthday is January 21st but we celebrated a little early since Matt's parents were coming in for MLK weekend. We mostly celebrated with family but included a couple of others. I forgot to take pictures of a lot of the people who were there, her gifts and the decorations (whoops) but I did get some pictures. We had one of Abbie's favorite dishes-spaghetti casserole alongwith salad and garlic bread. Then, we dug into the best part-dessert! We had the adorable cake shown above with ice cream. I had also made some Minnie Mouse shaped sugar cookies (which Sophie helped decorate) but I conveniently forgot about them until after the party. There was a lot going on with almost 20 people at our house to celebrate, food to cook, etc. The girls enjoyed playing with some play foam as the party got started and then after we stuffed ourselves and finished opening gifts, the kids enjoyed playing with our tunnel system which we had set up in the play room. Abbie really enjoyed being the center of attention!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was a great day for Miss Abbie.
Abbey has a great personality.
I love her facial expression. She and Sophie are a great team.
Love Mimi

Anonymous said...

"Happy Birthday to Abbie"

You and Mimi certainly can have lots of fun playing with make-up any time of the year. Mimi is an expert on camouflage and comedy.
Enjoy so much your pictures of family activities and togetherness.

Love and Hugs,
Mrs. Diana