Sunday, January 24, 2010

Bowling Mania

Paw-paw Tom, Sophie, Abbie and Mimi
Matt and Sophie
Sophie's in her bowling position

This past Monday, since Sophie was out of school and Matt's parents were in town, we thought it would be fun to go bowling. A nearby bowling alley has special lanes for kids that are shorter in length and they use smaller balls. They can also put up the gutter guards. I have been wanting to take the girls and try it but I wanted to go when someone else could go and help me. Mimi bowls in a league so I thought she would enjoy going with us and teaching Sophie how to bowl. Well, we all had a great time! At first, Abbie just wanted to monitor the bowling balls at the ball return but then, she wanted to be a more active participant and actually drop the ball herself. That made it interesting. The adults all bowled in the first game so we let Abbie have a turn too. I think Sophie really enjoyed her first time bowling! We'll definitely have to go again soon though you have to keep a close eye on Abbie.

The night before, the adults had also tried Wii bowling which was a lot of fun too!

After we bowled that morning, Mimi & Paw-paw Tom had to eat lunch and head to the airport for their flight back to VA.

No comments: