Friday, June 06, 2008

What's New with Sophie

Sophie proudly brushes her teeth
Martha & Sophie

This past week has been a bit challenging and unusual. I probably would have blogged before now but our internet was down for several days after the storm that came through last weekend. Also, Matt has been at a conference in VA all week. My mom and sister (some of our other dedicated babysitters) were out of town this week also. Thanks to my cousin, Keri, for helping me out with babysitting this week! Sophie has been taking swimming lessons and they are going OK. She really did not appreciate it when the teacher dunked her under the water the first day. After 2 days of lessons, she told me that she didn't want to go back to swim lessons. I told her that we were going because they were already paid for and said, "I not feeling well." Sophie's a smart girl but that trick didn't work on me. =) There are only 2 other little girls in her class so it's a good place for her to start with lessons.

Sophie got to go and have a slumber party with Aunt Martha since Martha's out of school for the summer. She got her fingernails and toenails painted, they went to Mickey D.'s for breakfast, she got to go play on a playground, dress up with Martha's jewelry, and more. Sophie had a great time! Then Abbie & I met up with them at Chick-Fil-A for lunch, one of Sophie's favorite places. I included the picture of Sophie brushing her teeth because she loves to brush them. The other day we got ready to go to church and she had put her baby in the little carseat and she had her keys. I thought, "well, I guess she's trying to be just like me." It's a good reminder to be careful what I say and do because someone is always watching.

No comments: