One morning, Paula was about to change Sophie's dirty diaper. We've been wanting to get her potty trained for a while and we keep working on it but it hasn't happened yet. Anyway, on this particular day, Sophie's diaper was very stinky. Paula was making faces showing that the diaper smelled bad and being dramatic about it. Paula said, "Sophie this diaper smells really bad" and she backs up stalling from changing the diaper. "You need to learn to use the potty." Sophie says, "It's OK, Mama. God is with you." Paula just started cracking up. Recently we've talked to Sophie about how God is always watching over you and you can pray to him anytime, etc. He's always with you, etc. It was just too funny!
Another time last week while Sophie was riding with Nana down the interstate, Nana saw someone working up on top of a tall building. Nana said, "Sophie do you see that man up there? I wouldn't want to work up on top of the building like that man." Sophie said, "Why not?" Nana said, "because I'd be scared that I would fall." Sophie said, "You not need to be scared Nana. God is watching over you." Oh, if we all had such a precious childlike faith and would entrust our lives to God like that! I believe this is why God wanted us to have a childlike faith.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I am always amazed at what young children will say because it goes to show they really listen to everything going on around them. I think I have two really cute grandkids.
Love Ya!
Mimi
Post a Comment