Friday, September 28, 2007
Thank you for ....
As we prepared for dinner tonight, I heard Sophie inform her Daddy that he needed to wait until we said the prayer before he started eating. She's heard us give her these instructions a few times before. So anyway, I finished the last minute meal preparations and headed to the table. As I got there, Sophie started saying the prayer (without any prompts-this was a new thing). She said, "Dear God, Please be with Paw-paw Tom and Mimi", she prayed for others in our extended family, and we prompted her to pray for some. Then, we helped coach her in what else to be thankful for. It was so sweet. Once she started going though, she wanted to thank God for her passy, etc and could have gone on and on. Later that night, we were out in the yard and she was playing with her little toy mower. I heard her say, "Dear God, thank you for the rain" and she said something else. She's only 2 but it's amazing what kids are capable of learning sometimes. I was so proud of her for saying the prayer and felt bad that I hadn't really thought to encourage her before. Thanks to the Davies because I read your blog and got the idea that we should be teaching Sophie to pray. Sophie heard us talking about it one night and probably decided to try to pray.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
A child's prayer is one of the sweetest prayers offered. I am reminded almost every Sunday morning by my three year olds in Sunday School of something I need to be more prayerful of. I am grateful for good Christian couples that are raising their children to pray. I wish more parents were like you. Andrea
Post a Comment