Sophie checking to make sure that her "bike" is OK
Sophie on her playset
On Friday, Sophie had her first day at her new Mother's Day Out. She will be going 2 days a week so that Paula can get some errands done, shopping, and go to appointments, etc. Sophie did great on her first day! Of course, she's been to Mother's Day Out programs in the past. The only downside to her first day was that she didn't take a nap during their scheduled nap time. However, as soon as Paula picked her up from "school" and got her in the car, she fell asleep and slept about 3 hours. She woke up in time for dinner and still managed to go to bed at her normal time! Anyways, on Monday when she went back to Mother's Day Out she took a nap. Probably partly due to the fact that she was completely wiped out from the weekend. She likes going to school where she can play with her new friends.
Matt's been travelling a lot so far with his new job which has been hard. We're just trying to tough it out right now and pray that it will lessen up once he's gotten some of the job training under his belt and can set his own schedule. He was gone a lot last week. We were glad to spend some time as a family over the weekend. On Saturday, Sophie enjoyed riding one of her tricycles and playing on her little playset while her daddy worked on some projects in the garage. Sophie announced to Paula recently, "I want to buy a car, Mommy." She pointed to one of those cars that little kids like to drive where they pedal with their feet. It was just too funny. Then, that afternoon we went to a 1st birthday party for Gracie, one of Sophie's 2nd cousins. We all had a nice time visiting with family. Of course, we had to explain to Sophie that the toys were not hers to monopolize but really Gracie's. =) Despite our attempts, Sophie missed her nap on Saturday and then conked out before 7 PM that night, on our way home from dinner and slept a solid 12 hours! On Sunday, she missed her nap again (unfortunately) even though it wasn't that busy of a day. She just wouldn't take a nap!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



7 comments:
Paula, Sophie is absolutely adorable and I just can't get over how beautiful her hair is. I hope my Sophie's hair is so pretty when she is two!
I like the way she thinks, don't start with the small stuff go straight for the car. I think I can see her spending down the race track now.
Memee
I can see a future race can driver in the making. Won't Papa Tom be thrilled.
Memee
Thanks for sharing your books with us in church, Sophie!
Love the pictures! Sophie seems to be settling in well to Tennessee life!
I bet Sophie heard us talking about Luke refusing to nap, and she thought it must be the new cool thing to do.
I knew Sophie would love Mother's Day Out. I can't much blame her for not taking a nap. She didn't want to miss anything. Andrea H.
Post a Comment