Sophie & I made it in to Raleigh just fine on Thursday. Friday, we headed to Myrtle Beach. It wasn't long before Sophie noticed the South of the Border billboards and begged us to stop (ha, ha). There can't be a cheesier place on the planet than South of the Border (can we say TACKY). S.O.T.B. is probably past its heyday as several attractions were closed including Pedroland Park. Sophie was very disappointed that she did not get to ride the Wild Sombrero ride. However, there were plenty of animal statues that Sophie wanted to "ride."
We also rode the elevator to the top of the Giant Sombrero Tower. At the top, there is overwhelming view of the interstate highway and farmlands. After visiting the tower, we we very exhausted from our long day at S.O.T.B., and we drove on to Myrtle Beach for our vacation.
Friday, August 17, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I have always wanted to go up in that sombrero.
I remember another child wanting to stop at the same place. We did it for him and now he has done it for his child.
MiMi
Post a Comment