Thursday, August 09, 2007

Big Shoes to Fill



Sophie is always finding new things to explore. A few days after we moved in, she decided to try on her Daddy's shoes. The funny thing was that she put his shoes on backwards which made it difficult to walk. Sophie still loves carrying her baby doll around, Mickey Mouse, her plastic giraffe and a pink hippo. She loves playing church with them on our steps. She stands there and sings with her dolls. It is so cute. She likes to carry her little Bible around everywhere. Last night when I was putting her to bed, she wanted her Bible. I got it for her and she said, "Mama get Bible and go to bed?" I said, "well, that would probably be a good idea Sophie." From the mouth of babes. I tell ya. I didn't follow her advice but I probably should have.

The other day Paula's mom asked Sophie what was in her tummy. She said, "baby". Sophie's Nana said, "No, I think that your mom has a baby in her tummy but you don't." Paula & her mom both got a laugh out of that one. Then, we told Sophie that what Nana meant was what did she have for breakfast. You just never know what your child is going to say.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Kathy said...

Paula, it was so great to see you today! Welcome back to Nashville! And CONGRATULATIONS! I didn't realize you were expecting until I read this post (I missed the "Big Sis" post a while back!). I had looked at your blog once before just to see what your Sophie looked like (she's adorable!!), but now that I realize who it belongs to I will start checking it more often!

Where are you guys worshiping? We have some friends that just moved to Cool Springs from Michigan (they are both good friends of Andy's from childhood) and they are looking for a church in the area where they can get to know more young families.

vergne said...

Kathy,
Hey! It was great to see you also! I saw Abby Roberson right after running into you. It felt like a Lipscomb reunion. Well, I should have mentioned that we were expecting. We just have a lot of news at once I guess =).

Right now, we are mostly going to Brentwood Hills. That's where we worshipped before and we have a lot of friends there. We may visit around some but we have so many other changes to adjust to that it's nice to go somewhere familiar. Maybe if you told Amy Bowman and I the couple's names we could invite them to church or something. We are both in the same Sunday school class.

I'll be keeping up with your blog too!

Paula

Jenny said...

Hello Vergnes! Your new house looks great! Sophie's room looked so much like a big girl room - I can't believe how big she's getting.