Friday, September 23, 2011

My Big Girl

Abbie on her "new" used bike


In the last couple of weeks, Matt and I realized that Abbie needed a bigger bike. Recently, she would find a bike at Toys 'R' Us or Wal-Mart and start riding around the store on it. She had also started riding Sophie's bike (with no fear and looking pretty confident) recently. At first, I thought that we could wait until Christmas but she has really been into riding a bike lately. So, instead of buying a new bike the same size as Sophie's (since she's not quite ready for the next level), I suggested that we look at consignment sales or garage sales. Matt, being the good husband that he is, went out early last Saturday morning to a consignment sale and found this bike for Abbie. She is so proud of it! After all, it's purple (her favorite color) with princesses and a basket, it has a bell on the handle and a hand brake. At first, she had no fear but she has become more cautious after a couple of falls where she wanted to be independent but didn't know how to stop. We'd have to run to catch up with her and once I didn't quite catch her in time!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You go girl.
Mimi