Thursday, July 28, 2011

Summer Playdates

Meredith, Sophie and Abbie

Sophie (middle) and Meredith with Joe in back

Sophie and Lauren with their dolls

Abbie and Ashton (in front)
Well, I am way behind on our blog again.  I'm sorry for those who've been checking it lately (all 2 of you).  =)    I have a lot of pictures that I need to post on here because we just got back from our vacation to visit Matt's family in Virginia.  We were able to do a lot of fun things while we were there.  For now though, I'm going to post some pictures that were taken before our trip.

The first couple of pictures were taken at one of the member nights at the zoo.  We met our friends, the Smith's, for dinner and then we headed over to the zoo.  It was really hot that night but we still had a good time.  There was also a pretty good crowd there.  They offer free carousel rides, free train rides (their new attraction and they have some other special things going on.  We stayed clear of the train because it is really popular right now with long waits.  We were able to ride the carousel before it closed though.  We were also able to see several of the animals.   They offered free tours of the old home that is on the grounds so we took a quick tour of it.  All in all, the girls enjoyed spending time with Meredith but we were all worn out at the end of the night.

The other pictures that I included were from a little tea party that we had at our house.  It was somewhat informal but it was something that I thought would be fun for the girls.  My friend, Kathryn, had mentioned earlier in the summer that it would be fun to get our girls together with their American Girl dolls and let them have a tea party.  I thought it would be really neat for a birthday party sometime to do that with a bunch of girls but this time, we decided just to try it with one other family.  Our older girls (Sophie and Lauren) are friends and our younger ones (Abbie and Ashton) are a little different in age but enjoy playing together.  Each of the girls brought her doll and she sat with her.  We had star shaped sandwiches, jello, etc for lunch and then we made some little ladybug cookies for dessert.  I think all of the kids had a nice time including Ethan, my friend Kathryn's oldest child who is 8 years old.  I set him up on our Wii.  He did not have to sit at the girls table but he enjoyed decorating the cookies and eating them.  =)  Kathryn told me that she shared with Ethan's Sunday school class later that week that he had been to a tea party that week and a bunch of the boys snickered.  She definitely broke the ice when she shared that with the class.  =)  More to come on our trip soon!

1 comment:

Martha said...

i miss my sweet nieces!! can't wait til next weekend to see y'all!