Monday, May 02, 2011

Early Birthday Celebrations

Sophie's Toy Story cake

Sophie with her new diary

the Waggoner side of the family (minus Skyler who had just left)

us with my mom's side of the family

Over Easter weekend, we had a big family party for Nana and Sophie to celebrate an early 60th birthday for my mom and Sophie's 6th birthday. We invited both my mom and dad's families who live in town. There were about 20 of us total. I put a lot of time into getting ready for this big event-cleaning and cooking, etc. Thankfully though, I asked family members to help bring food so it didn't all fall on my shoulders. The weather turned out to be great, the food was wonderful and we all had a good time. Everyone was sweet to remember both Nana and Sophie's birthdays. We celebrated early this year because we knew that we would be out of town on the actual weekend of their birthdays. We had 2 birthday cakes because Sophie really wanted a Toy Story cake. I wanted my mom to have a nice cake that didn't have a childish theme. I wish that I had taken more pictures that night but there was a lot going on!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: