Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Capture the Moment

It's been a while since I've posted.  Last week I had a terrible cold but I'm feeling better this week.  I LOVE the cooler fall weather!!  I have a lot of random thoughts to share it seems but I'll try to make sense.  I still miss Sophie being around but I'm really glad that she likes school.  I feel like I get the "leftovers" of Sophie meaning she gives her best at school and then, by the time she gets home from school, she's pretty worn-out.  Maybe this is why I dreaded her really starting school because I knew that once she started, she'd be gone so much of the time.  Don't get me wrong though, I'm really happy for her.  Sometimes it's the little things that make Sophie so excited to telll about her day like being praised for being good, getting in the treasure box, etc.  On Friday afternoon, I was just thinking, "I wish that I could capture this moment and make time stand still for a little while."  Sophie had her first loose tooth and she was so excited about it that she wanted to call several family members.  She was skipping around the house, wearing her school shirt with her hair pulled back in a pony tail.  It's one of those moments that I hope I can look back and remember.  She just recently started skipping. 

Abbie, on the other hand, is talking so much clearer.  The other day, I decided to walk with the girls over the hill to a neighborhood playground.  We were almost there. Sophie had taken her scooter but Abbie was walking with me.  Abbie said, "I 2 now.  Abbie need princess scooter too."  It didn't come out that clear but I realized what she was saying and it was so cute.  =)  By the way, another thing that I may forget one day is that Abbie asks everyday, "Why Sophie go to kindergarten?"  I have to explain that she's 5, etc, etc.  I tell Abbie that she'll get to go one day too!  Abbie asks a lot of "why" questions now.  She also likes to do everything by herself!

Sophie was trying on some shoes a few days ago that a friend of mine passed along.  I said, "did you try on the red shoes?  I wanted you to try them on."  She says, "yeah, but I took them off."  I told her that I had wanted to see them on her.  Then, in her serious voice she said, "My feet just know it's not time to wear them so they want to take them off."  I thought this was very creative of her and I just laughed.  I said, "you mean your feet know that they are church shoes or that the shoes are a little too big?"  Kids are so funny sometimes. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This makes me miss you guys all the more. I love the stories.
Mimi

Martha said...

Ditto what Mimi said :)