Tuesday, June 15, 2010

The Rehearsal

I love this picture of my girls!
Grady (with his humongous shoes on) and Sophie
the happy couple at the rehearsal dinner
a siblings pictures-Phil, Martha & I

We've been preparing for this past weekend for over a year now. The weekend of June 12th finally arrived-the date for Martha's wedding (my sister). We had the rehearsal at the church on Friday night. Matt's parents decided to come in from Virginia for the big day. We all did a couple of run throughs at the rehearsal. Abbie ran around and around the 2nd time as she came down so I really didn't know how she'd do for the actual wedding. (Both of my girls were the flower girls and Grady & Nolen Guthrie were the ring bearers). It was too funny on Friday night because Grady (age 5-shown above) tried on his tux which my dad had picked up since they were out of town. Inside the garment bag with the tux they included men's size 13 shoes which were gigantic on him. I had to get a picture of that. =) He and Sophie are buddies because they were in the same preschool class for the past 2 years. I didn't get a good picture of Abbie or Nolen from that night on my camera but they were both so cute.

After the rehearsal, Matt's parents took our girls home so that they could eat and get ready for bed while we headed off to the rehearsal dinner at the Old Hickory marina's restaurant, the Black Pearl. Matt V. finally made it back to Nashville after several flight delays so he was just there for the very end of the rehearsal. We had a wonderful dinner at the Black Pearl! The next day was going to be a busy one. (More pictures to come.)
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Martha was beautiful. The girls were so pretty. Tom and I were so glad we were able to come and be apart of the happy day.
T N T