Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Going to the Chapel

Martha & Abbie-so silly!
Wow, I'm getting married today!
our girls at the reception
Matt R. & Martha are about to take off!

Saturday was a very busy day. The girls and I had a light breakfast but then took off for a bridesmaids brunch at the church. I didn't come back home after that until late that night. At the brunch, many of my aunts, cousins, Martha's friends, and bridesmaids were in attendance. All of the food was wonderful and it was good to see everyone. Martha was calm and happy. She let Abbie under her veil and then Abbie wanted to keep doing it. Sophie enjoyed trying to take a few pictures of people with my camera and then the batteries in my camera died so I didn't get any of the family shots on my camera. Anyway, it was a very busy day-with people getting their hair and make-up done, taking pictures, etc. The photographer really wanted to take pictures offsite at Ellington Agricultural Center even though the temperature was in the 90's and it was very hot! So, we went over to Ellington. Matt had taken the girls for a little bit to give them a break before the wedding but then I was trying to get them back to the church so that they could ready for pictures. It was really a bit crazy trying to get everyone to Ellington, etc but in the end, we got it done. Sophie's hair turned out really pretty. Martha's friend, Kristy, was kind enough to agree to fix both of my girls' hair and she did a wonderful job. Sophie's hair is super straight like mine. I was excited that her hair turned out. Anyway, I'll try to stop rambling!

I didn't get any pictures from the actual wedding due to a little camera mix-up so I'm anxious to see the photographer's and I've enjoyed seeing other people's pictures. However, the wedding turned out to be beautiful. Martha looked beautiful and they both looked so happy! My girls did wonderful as flower girls. Abbie made it down the aisle and then, Matt was sitting on the front row so he took her to sit with him and his parents. After a little bit, his mom took her out in the lobby to walk around. My goal had just been for Abbie to make it down the aisle and she did it! She had so much fun! Sophie did wonderful too! The reception and everything went well. There was plenty of food, a photo booth that people could go in and have their photo taken, a really cute slide show, etc. I enjoyed being able to visit with many family members and friends. Congratulations, Martha & Matt! We'll miss you while you are living in South Carolina! Come back and visit us often. =)
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Julie said...

Sounds like a wonderful weekend. So happy for Martha and Matt. I love her dress. Glad the girls had fun.

Anonymous said...

Great pics!! I didn't get any of me and Abbie under the veil. I'll have to get a copy. Love and miss y'all!
~Aunt Martha