Sophie & Matt with our Diva pumpkin (as I was posting this I noticed there's a knife really close to Sophie's hand-Whoops!)
Abbie gets in on some of the action and helps Daddy with the pirate pumpkin
Both girls are intently watching their Daddy. =)
Last Monday, Sophie was out of school for fall break. We didn't really make any special plans but I decided to go and buy some pumpkins so that we could decorate. We also bought some sugar cookie dough so we could roll it out and decorate cookies for Halloween. Sophie had a blast helping me with that and got to wear her cutie patootie apron. The only bad thing was (at least that I can remember now-other than the mess it made) was that I accidentally burned Sophie just beside one of her eyes. After I pulled a batch of cookies from the oven, Sophie wanted a better look at them. I tilted the pan so that she could see them and moved closer to her but didn't judge the distance well. I didn't even realize anything happened at first because she was so brave. I felt terrible!
That afternoon, we enlisted Matt's help for our annual tradition of decorating the pumpkins. So far, we usually just use the Potato Head decorating kits. For some reason I didn't get a good picture of both girls with the pumpkins. Maybe another time! Abbie's so much bigger this year so she was interested in everything that was going on.

No comments:
Post a Comment