Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Different Sides of Sophie

Sophie on Teddy Bear Day at school
Sophie strikes a pose after getting home from a b-day party!
Sophie looks like she's got an attitude after her 1st day of ballet class
Aww...I love this one!

This past Thursday afternoon, Mimi & Paw-paw Tom left and headed for home. We enjoyed having them here for a visit. On Friday, Abbie had her first day of Mother's Day Out (ever) and Sophie had Teddy Bear Day that day. I was very excited to get a day of shopping to myself!! It was wonderful to be able to shop, take my time, and get to try clothes on. =) Abbie did great on her first day and Sophie was so excited about "Teddy Bear Day". I tried to get a picture of the girls together but it just didn't work. Abbie doesn't like to be still.

On Saturday, Sophie went to a birthday party for one of our neighbors at Let it Shine. She had never been there before and she had a great time!! She was afraid to try some of the activities but she still loved it!! We enjoyed getting to have some friends and family over during the long weekend so that was fun and kept us busy.

Today was Sophie's first ballet class. I was excited but also a little nervous about it. I never took dance growing up but I've wanted Sophie to be able to try dance or a sport while she's still pretty little. She was really excited about it. She's in the "Cinderella class" so they wear those colors and get to take turns dressing up as a princess during the class. This will be a new experience for all of us. Sophie didn't know anyone in the class before going but so far, she likes it. She came home telling me everything that she had learned and saying that she wanted Abbie to dance with her. I think she kind of wanted Abbie & I to be part of her pretend dance class as she taught us.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am glad that you are letting the girls try new things. It is so good for them to experience new things. Love, Mimi