Sophie at Folly Beach
Sophie's happy-Abbie not so much!
the girls playing in the fountains
Sophie digs in to some chocolate ice cream
On Saturday, we made it to Charleston. It's a LONG road trip and Abbie hardly slept at all. Then, that afternoon, we settled in to stay with some of our friends and Abbie wouldn't settle down and take a nap there either. We decided to head to Folly Beach and she was so tired. She HATED the beach. (It was Abbie's first time at the beach.) Sophie loved it and I kept having to try to console Abbie. It was sunny but a little windy. She didn't appreciate the cold ocean water but didn't mind the sand too much. I think if she hadn't been so tired and could have gotten used to the cold water, she would have been OK. Every few minutes, she would start crying again. Then, after about 45 minutes, I was trying to get Abbie a snack when a big wave came in so that all of our stuff was WET. I told Matt it was time to go. Sophie really enjoyed the beach but NOT Abbie. Maybe her next experience will be better.
Two days later, we took the girls to one of our favorite places-Splash Zone, the water park that we used to visit frequently when we were in Charleston. I wish that we had something comparable to it here. Well, Abbie HATED it too for the first 45 minutes. Then, Matt helped her get used to the water and she was fine with it. It's a great place for little kids with all of the spray play areas, fountains, lazy river, big pools, shallow wading areas, slides, etc. Overall, it was a lot of fun and it didn't rain on us that day.
While in Charleston, we also briefly took the girls downtown, saw some of our old friends and got together, went to one of the parks, took the girls by the Angel Oak Tree, and checked on our house. Overall, we had a good trip. We'll have to go back when the girls are older. There's so much fun stuff to do in Charleston that you just can't fit it all in. On this trip, Abbie visited 2 new states-South Carolina and Georgia. =)
By the way, we are going to put our house in Charleston up for sale. Please pray that it sells.
Thursday, May 28, 2009
Fun Times in Charleston
Labels:
beach,
Charleston,
Columbia zoo,
Folly Beach,
splash zone,
vacation,
zoo
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Sounds like you need to relax after that trip! We are taking Max to the beach this summer...I have a feeling we are going to be in the same boat!
I'm glad that you had a good time on your trip.
Teresa
I LOVE the pic of Sophie happy and Abbie crying!! That will come to good use later in life. J/K!
~Aunt Martha
Post a Comment