Sophie & Abbie riding a horse at Chuck E. Cheese's
Sophie with her new bike
Sophie's 4th birthday was last week. As her birthday got closer, she kept thinking of more and more things that she wanted me to do for her birthday (i.e. making special foods, taking her special places, etc). After a while, I finally said, "OK, I don't think I can take anymore special directions right now." She was so excited that we were going to bring cupcakes to her school last Thursday for a little party there. She reminded me about making the cupcakes many times. Then, she really enjoyed helping me make them!! Abbie, my mom and I were all able to go to Sophie's school for the little party. Sophie loved serving the cupcakes to her friends, wearing a special hat, being the line leader and all of the other special privileges you get on your birthday.
On her actual birthday, it was very rainy!! I had thought that we might go to the zoo but there was no way. I ended up taking the girls to the library and then meeting Matt and my parents and Chuck E. Cheese's for lunch. Sophie was very interested in going there. We had lunch and played games. It was the first time that we had been where Abbie was able to ride a few of the rides too. We ran into Brody and his family at the restaurant. He and Sophie were born on the exact same day. We go to church with their family. They were also having a birthday lunch with the grandparents! When we left there, it was pouring down rain so almost everyone got a little wet!
For her birthday, we surprised Sophie with a big girl bike and a few other goodies. I didn't know how she'd like the bike but she wanted to try it out some the next day. It's a little big now but she will grow into it. She also loved the bride and groom Barbies that she got from Nana and Paw-paw. She has received some nice surprises too from other family members. We were busy with wedding showers this weekend for my cousin, Keri, who is getting married soon but we are having a little party for Sophie this coming weekend with some of her "girl" friends and extended family.
2 comments:
Happy birthday, Sophie!!
Cute pix of Brody & Sophie! I may have to steal it! Brody's bike is a little big for him also. Sounds like Sophie had a great b-day! I can't believe they're 4!
Post a Comment