Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Miss Sophie's Latest Tricks

Well, I wanted to include a picture of Sophie's room first for those who haven't seen it. Just this week, I took the bumper pads off though. Another little girl recently broke her arm by falling out of her crib and she's about Sophie's age. So, although it was a sad moment for me, I finally took Sophie's bumper pads off. In the last couple of weeks Paula's Uncle Walter came through Charleston and stayed with us for a couple of nights on his way to Georgia for a kayaking trip. He came back through here on his way home. We had fun spending time with him and showing him around Charleston some. This past Thursday Matt & Paula got to go see Mamma Mia which was really fun. We had front row seats!! The not so fun part was coming home to a crying toddler who had woken up a few hours after going to bed for the babysitter. It turned out that Sophie had an ear infection.

As you can see in the bottom picture, Sophie is trying to carry 2 balls up the stairs. She has gotten to where she really likes carrying lots of things such as a purse, one or two baby dolls, a book or two, etc. I guess she's probably seen her parents try to carry lots of things at one time.

One of the cutest things that Sophie did recently was sing "where is daddy?" complete with hand motions to the tune of "Where is thumbkin?" She loves to sing and make up her own songs.

Sophie is also very proud that her mama has recently set up little potties and stools in our bathrooms. We haven't really begun formal potty training yet but she is very fascinated with her new things.

Also, for the past week or two, Sophie has been saying, "Mama, Daddy, ai-pane (translation-airplane)" We are planning to fly to Cincinnati on Friday and then drive down to Northeastern Kentucky to visit Matt's grandparents and several of his aunts, uncles, and cousins.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sophie's room is absolutely adorable! We hope to actually get to visit one day!

Ashley, Mark and Luke

Anonymous said...

Sophie is so wonderful. We love her.

Dallas said...

Hey Matt and Paula (and the little Paula look alike :) ), I don't know if you remember me, Dallas Hill. I randomly found your blog and have loved looking at pictures of your little girl...she is adorable. It seems like you have a very happy life!

Anonymous said...

I was sad I couldn't make it to Ky. to share in the adventure but it sounds like you had a good time visiting family.
Mimi
(Grandna)
Still trying out
names