Did you know plastic stacking cups provide hours of entertainment?
I really can't believe it but Sophie turned 11 earlier this week on Sunday, May 1. It seems crazy that she's already 11 and she's almost as tall as I am. On the Friday before Sophie's birthday, we had a birthday party at our house. Six of her friends were able to come so it was a great turnout. I made poppyseed chicken casserole, rice, rolls, and then we had a tossed salad and strawberry pretzel salad that mom made. (Sophie had requested no pizza this time.) Our theme this year was a spa party and put on the invite that the girls could wear their p.j.s if they wanted to. After the girls had dinner, we painted their nails and then, we played several "minute to win it" games. The girls had a great time with these. Then, some of the girls tried the face mask that I made (it turned out kind of runny). Just for fun, they put some cucumber slices on their eyes. Nana was able to come to the party and my friend, Jill, was nice enough to help me with painting nails, etc. Carley's sister, Jessie, also stayed and played with Abbie. After playing some games, the girls had some cookie cake and ice cream. Then, we made some bath bombs that the girls could take home after they dried. Sophie opened her gifts and then, they watched part of a movie called Parental Guidance with Billy Crystal and Marisa Tomei. It was pretty funny! After watching part of the movie, it was time for the girls to go home. I think that all of them had a great time! |
1 comment:
Sounds like the party was a lot of fun. The girls all look very happy.
Mim
Post a Comment