Wednesday, May 04, 2016

Funny Stories on Abbie

I had a couple of funny stories that I wanted to share about Abbie.  The first one has to do with Abbie's frequent sleep walking habits.  She usually goes to bed about 8:00 at night but she frequently gets up around 9:30 and we have to walk her back to bed.  Sometimes, she says things and other times she does not.  One night when she was sleep walking recently, Matt got up to check on her and help her get back to bed.  Before she got back in the bed she asked, "Did Sophie get baptized tonight?"  Matt just responded with a "yes".  We thought it was funny because Sophie was baptized last summer.  It's better not to argue with someone when he or she is half asleep though.  =)

A few days ago, we were driving home from church one Sunday night.  We had celebrated Sophie and Nana's birthdays over the weekend so we had been eating a lot of dessert (they had also brought cookie cake for Abbie's last soccer game on Saturday.)  Anyway, Abbie asked if she could have some cookie cake when we got home ( I had made some for Sophie's birthday cake).  I was a little bit distracted but I said, "well, you don't really need more dessert but maybe you can have just a bit".  We had also eaten lunch at Cheesecake Factory that day for Sophie's birthday and shared a piece of cheesecake.  She said, "what is a bit of cake?  I don't know what a bit of cake is.  Can I have more than a bit of cake?"  I said, a bit of cake just means that you only need a little bit."  She had also eaten cookies after church so I didn't really feel sorry for her.  We decided that both of the girls had already eaten enough dessert for the day!

Another story on Abbie that was cute happened this past Sunday morning.  Abbie usually takes some notes on our Sunday morning sermon.  She does a great job with it.  This past Sunday she was taking notes because normally her age group meets on Sunday nights and we review the scriptures from that morning's sermon.  Well, this Sunday she was taking notes and our preacher started talking about some recent health problems that he had.  He recently dislocated his hip and he was talking about he had to go back and look up his precautions from that surgery.  On one of the slides it listed some hip precautions.  Our preacher was tying that in to a Biblical point but Abbie busily copied down the precautions.  I just thought it was cute!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the cute stories and the how sweet they sound.
Mimi