Thursday, October 30, 2014

Trunk or Treat-Fifties Style

Sophie as Nancy Drew and Abbie as Rapunzel

Ava Grace, Meagan, and Abbie


Paula and Matt 

Sophie and I

Sophie and her friend, Carley.

On Wednesday night, we had trunk or treat at our church.  Usually, we just go and trick or treat but this year, Sophie really wanted to decorate a trunk.  I wanted to think of a fun theme.  Then, I thought of my poodle skirt.  I was reminded of some of our friends who had a 50's party a few years ago for a 50th birthday.  Matt bought some old records from Goodwill and we hung them up.  Sophie created a sign for us that said "Starlight 50's diner.  Matt and I were in good shape because not only did have a poodle skirt but we also had some letterman jackets we could borrow from my dad and granddad.  I am wearing my dad's Hillwood jacket and Matt is wearing my granddad's Nashville Gas letterman jacket from 1956 when we planned on a baseball team through work.  My parents also have my brother, Daniel's letterman jacket but it's red so I didn't want to wear a red jacket with a hot pink skirt.  Matt fixed us up with a CD full of great 50's music so we played that from our van during trunk or treat.  We didn't mind that it might have drowned out some of the kids singing to "Let it go" for the umpteenth time in one of the cars near ours.

I wish that I had taken more pictures of the girls but I only took one of them together.  We'll have to try again on Halloween night.  This year, Abbie dressed up as Rapunzel and Sophie is Nancy Drew.

It was a lot of fun giving out candy for a change!  I felt like I got to see more of the kids since I was in one place for a while.   One of the cars near us did Chick-fil A for their trunk theme.  A bunch of the kids dressed up as cows and they gave out chicken nuggets.  The CFA cow was even there for a while.  Abbie didn't want anything to do with him though.  Thankfully, she didn't cry though.  Then, the girls and I ate some hot dogs at church while Matt gave out the rest of the candy.  We had a ton of trick or treaters.  We went through all of the candy that I had brought.  Happy Halloween!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Such a cute theme!!!
Everyone looked so cute!!!
Mimi