Here's Abbie after she opened a gift on the morning of her birthday.
It's hard to believe that Abbie turned 6! She had an awesome birthday party on Saturday at Let it Shine gymnastics. She had so much fun playing with some friends from church, school, and Girl Scouts. We had a great turnout and all of the girls had a lot of fun! The coach for Abbie's party did a wonderful job. He did a cool stunt where he ran on the trampoline and jumped over Abbie while she stood still. They got to do the zip line, jump in the foam pit, do the big trampoline, swing into a different foam pit and do some other fun stuff. Abbie got to do a bungee jump type thing that she loved!!
After the girls wore themselves out doing gymnastics, we went into the party room and had pizza, cake and ice cream. Abbie also opened her gifts there. It's nice that Abbie's birthday usually falls close to MLK day so we had a long weekend. Earlier in the week, Matt's parents decided to drive over from Virginia for Abbie's party. We were glad that they could come and visit! It had been quite a while since they had come for a visit.
On the same day as Abbie's party, one of her friends was also having a party so it was a very busy day. Kassy's party was at Divas and Dudes. The girls dressed up as mermaids and had their hair styled, nails painted and some make-up applied. At the party, Ariel also made an appearance. I was glad that I had checked with Kassy's mom because originally, we were almost having the girls' parties at the same time. Many of the same girls were invited so that would have been a mess!
For some reason, it was hard for me to think about Abbie turning 6. I guess it's just because she's getting to be a big girl and I hate to see her growing up so fast!! Also, I just think that "5" is such a sweet age. They start to lose that innocence as they get older. I had joked with Abbie that she was going to have to stay "5". I told her that I had a special drink. All she had to do was drink it and she would stay "5". Of course, I was only joking. She wasn't going for it for even a second. =)
Happy 6th birthday Abbie! We love you! You are sweet, smart, silly, stubborn, spunky and you keep us on our toes. I love it that Abbie is at the age where she gives me lots of hugs and kisses before she leaves in the morning, if I help in her class or just whenever!! |
1 comment:
So glad that Abbie's party was such fun for the all the girls. We enjoyed getting to watch them play. I agree she is growing up too fast.
Mimi
Post a Comment