Abbie and Sophie with Aunt Shannon
On August 24, we celebrated Morgan's 1st birthday (actually on August 22). Matt and Martha planned a huge party for Morgan at their home in Kentucky. I wish that I had gotten some better pictures but it was kind of crazy. I think that they had at least 60 people there. Although it was a warm day and most of the party was outside, there was a lot of shade. Everyone had a nice time! I didn't get a good picture of Matt and Martha with Morgan but he LOVED his birthday cake and was going to town on it. Martha had planned a frog and turtle theme for his party. Morgan received a new wagon from his Mimi (Mitzi) so the kids enjoyed giving and getting rides in the wagon. Among our family, Matt and I, Sophie and Abbie, my parents, Phil, Keri, Carter,Aunt Patti, Uncle John, Randle, Aunt Shannon, Summer, her boyfriend, Jonathan, Uncle Jim, Aunt Linda, Harper and Grace were able to come. There were several from Matt R.'s family as well as a lot of their friends.
As Martha was opening Morgan's birthday gifts, she gave most of the folks there a big surprise. She opened a gift with a T-shirt that said, "BIG BROTHER" on it. Everyone was silent for moment and then everyone's like, "Congratulations, etc". The adults in the immediate families already knew but the others were surprised. Sophie and Abbie are excited about having a new cousin in February. They are really hoping for a girl this time. Morgan and his sibling should be about 18 months apart. Morgan received tons of new stuff and there were at least 4 other babies there!
1 comment:
So glad everyone had a good tme at Morgan's party. The children are so cute. Mimi
Post a Comment