Sunday, June 05, 2011

Dollywood

Abbie enjoys the Tea cup ride at Dollywood

Abbie, age 22 months, enjoys her first tea cup ride at Disney World in Oct. 2009.



Abbie and Sophie ready to ride with their Daddy.
having fun on the ride
Aunt Leia, Daddy, Abbie & Sophie got soaked on this ride!

After we left the Wilderness Lodge, we checked into a nearby hotel for the next 2 nights. Then, we headed to Dollywood for the evening. The girls had a blast in the kiddie area riding the carousel, the ride pictured above (Star Shooter or something), the teacups, and a few other rides. If you paid for admission after 3 PM one day, the next day was free. We went back on Sunday and had a fun time though it was pretty hot and crowded. There were a few rides that Abbie wanted to ride repeatedly. The mini-drop tower ride shown above that took you straight up and down kind of bounced you as you came down. I rode it a couple of times but each time after I rode it with her, I said someone else is going to have to ride with you the next time. I didn't get sick or anything but my stomach would drop every time. Sophie and I enjoyed riding the swings together. Some of the rides and shows brought back good memories of Opryland for me where I spent a lot of fun times growing up! Abbie was sad that she wasn't able to ride a few of the rides. Sophie rode one bigger indoor roller coaster with me, her Daddy and Aunt Leia. During the ride she said, "My eyes are wide open but I can't see anything" (it was pitch black for part of the ride). After being told that she wasn't tall enough to ride the Scrambler, Abbie said, "I am big because Jesus made me big!" So sweet!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Martha said...

Abbie looks like she is enjoying the tea cups a little more this time...although she did say she liked them last time too :) Looks like y'all had a great time!!