Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Sophie's 1st day of Kindergarten

Isn't this picture priceless?
Sophie & me outside her class
Sophie's at the table ready to work (do you recognize anyone at the table behind her?)

This last week or two seems like it has been pretty busy. Sophie's had several half days at school, we had a special open house for parents at Sophie's school as well as Abbie's, Matt's mom was here visiting for about a week, and we just seem to have stayed busy. Sophie's first (half) day of school was August 19th. They split the girls and boys into two groups and they have attended school for two half days. Today, they all went to school and then, tomorrow, full days of school begin.

On Sophie's second day, she and her friend, Emerson, who is also a kindergartener rode the bus. She's been looking forward to riding the school bus for a long time now. Several children on our street ride it and the bus stops right by our house. I tried to think of some reason to take Sophie to school just one more day but was Miss Independent and she said that she and Emerson would be just fine. This past weekend, Sophie started to get a cold so this week has been full of ups and downs for her. There are 10 kindergarten classes at Trinity!! I can't believe it because Matt & I both went to small elementary schools. Sophie didn't know anyone in her class but I know she's going to make several new friends. Sophie's teacher is Mrs. Rogers who is new to Trinity but she has several years of experience teaching kindergarten. She seems really nice. I think that Sophie's off to a great start at school so far!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: